Critical Illness Insurance
Needless to say serious illnesses, such as cancer or heart attack, can create a financial burden for your family and/or business, drastically affecting your personal life and overall life style. Critical illness insurance is intended to ease the financial pressures by paying a tax-free lump sum if you become seriously ill or totally disabled. Typically, you must survive at least one month after becoming critically ill, before the policy will pay out.
Basic Covered Illness:
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Other life threatening cancer
Features and Major Benefits
- Return of premium at death– if you die during the covered period without claiming any critical illness benefit, your premium paid will be returned to your beneficiary or estate.
- Return of premium at policy maturity – when the policy period expires and you have not claimed any critical illness benefit, your premium will be returned to you. It pays to be in good health.
- Extra income – if you are diagnosed with one of the defined critical illnesses, you might lose your ability to work temporarily or permanently. The benefits from the critical illness insurance can be used to pay your medical bills or replace your lost income.
- Have the best health care available – with the financial freedom, you can choose the best health care available to you. For example, you can hire a home nurse or purchase necessary equipment or devices which will help you to recover faster.
- Having the best doctor available whom specializes in the type of critical illness that you have.